I am a hedonistic pleasure seeker. I love indulging my senses in real life and through words and the imagination. I’m also an escapist, whether it’s back in time to medieval monasteries and Victorian explorers or forward to planets and technology that don’t (yet) exist. Or sideways into fairy-tale, myth, legend and fantasy lands.
Some of the things I love:
- Bubble baths, silk pyjamas, fresh cotton sheets and a good book
- Swiss chocolate, lemongrass panacotta and sticky date pudding. Not all at once, unless it’s really one of those days…
- The smell of dry earth when it starts to rain
- Large man hands with square, clean nails
- Broad shoulders
- The sweet, milky smell of a little baby
- Chilled riesling
- Bollywood actresses with big dark eyes and swirling saris in outrageous colours with even more outrageous embroidery. Especially gold on blue. Turquoise and hot pink. Emerald. Burnt orange.
- Temples, rituals, gods and goddesses
- Essential oils, incense, natural perfume and candles
- Secret gardens and sacred groves.
Writing opens up new worlds, fantasies and experiences. It allows us to slip into another realm for a while, to be someone else and imagine new pleasures. Come along on a journey. Take some time out. Have fun!
You can contact me via the contact me page, follow me on twitter or subscribe to my newsletter.
I’d love to hear from you!